The Bio-Schlosshotel Wartegg is situated between the Swabian Sea and the Appenzell mountain heights – embedded in an English park of national importance. 450 years of history rich in changes as a former noble residence, residence and refuge characterise today’s Swiss Historic Hotel. Where 90 years ago the last Empress of Austria – Empress Zita – stayed under shady trees in the park, today people like you and us enjoy the unique variety of the English park.
Herbs, vegetables, berries and flowers grow on an area of 2500 m², lovingly tended in a biodynamic way; a Pro-SpecieRara variety garden with many treasures of our mother nature!
Inspired by valuable garden crops, outdoor meat from the region, Lake Constance fish, and slow food products, our kitchen team creates pleasurable culinary delights with great craftsmanship – naturally in organic bud quality. We recommend a fine drop of wine from our wine cellar, in which selected pearls
by ambitious winemaking families. Both in the a la carte restaurant and in the banquet hall, which is suitable for all kinds of celebrations, you will experience natural, warm hospitality.
25 rooms with a wide view of the park or Lake Constance invite you to spend relaxing days, whether on your own, as a couple or with the whole family. Thanks to the paradisiacal playroom, even our youngest guests will never be bored at Wartegg Castle! Three seminar rooms and a concert hall with technical equipment according to your wishes, the positive, inspiring atmosphere and free space in the park for good ideas are the best conditions for successful seminar goals. Committed, charming employees will take care of your physical well-being.
Wartegg Castle is easily accessible by public transport. The Lake Constance cycle path and the “Veloland Schweiz” routes are located directly below the park.
- 25 rooms (single, double and family rooms) with park or lake view
- all rooms with shower/WC, telephone, radio/music system with I-Pod docking station
- Public restaurant with refined fresh cuisine; with organic products, slow food delights, open-air meat, Lake Constance fish and specialities from our own garden. Garden terrace in summer.
- historical turquoise bath with sauna from 1928
- Children’s playroom with direct access to playground and park
- 3 seminar rooms with 30, 50 and 60 m2 (equipped with standard seminar technology, beamer, network internet connection. Pleasant light, low radiation)
- Music hall with 100 m2 with concert grand piano
- large biodynamic castle garden with herbs, vegetables, berries and flowers from our own cultivation (ProSpecia Rara variety garden)
- Historic English Nature Park of National Importance
- reading room, library, fumoir and quiet room